Spider - Unmanaged Switch
Entry-level rail switches in the SPIDER family have an excellent price-performance ratio. This makes them ideal for smaller networks and the fringe areas of larger ones, where managed switches are not required.
Belden is discontinuing the Hirschmann SPIDER I and SPIDER II families
The already available SPIDER III family is the recommended replacement for the SPIDER I and II switches
- Extremely economical, thanks to favourably priced ports
- Easy to operate, thanks to plug-and-work
- LEDs to signal the device status,
- Visualization using the network management software Industrial HiVision
- Startup is simply plug-and-work – no special IT skills are needed
- The LEDs on the front panel indicate the device and network status.
SPIDER - Entry-Level Switches from Hirschmann™
- Unmanaged SPIDER Rail Switches are available with two to sixteen twisted-pair ports
- Optional fiber-optic ports for single or multimode fibres
- These switches support Fast Ethernet (10/100BASE-TX and 100BASE-FX).
- In the version used as an SFP slot, both Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet fiber optic transceivers are supported.
- Mounted on top-hat rails
- Fanless cooling and extended operating temperature range of -40°C to +70°C.
- 24-V power supply.
- Gigabit variants are also available, either with only twisted-pair ports (10/100/1000 BASE-TX) or twisted-pair combined with SFP slots for fibre-optic transceivers (1000BASE-SX/LX)
- Some SPIDER designs support quality of service (as per IEEE 802.1D) and can therefore also be used in PROFINET applications
- Fast Ethernet versions with up to eight sixteen twisted-pair ports plus optional fibre-optic ports for single or multimode fibres or dual-speed SFP Transceivers
- IP30 protection standard
- Compact metal housing (only SPIDER II 16TX xx)
- Redundant 24 V power supply (only SPIDER II 16TX xx)
- Explosive atmospheres (ATEX, ISA 12.12.01) (only SPIDER II 16TX xx)
- Extended operating temperature range from -40°C to +70°C (applies only to EEC versions)
- High resistance to shock, vibration and electromagnetic interference
SPIDER III - Standard Line
The SPIDER III Standard Line unmanaged, entry-level, industrial Ethernet rail switches can transmit large volumes of data, resulting in uninterrupted and smooth communication. This next generation of switches offers increased performance and a simple way to network devices in a line or star topology.The SPIDER III Standard Line entry-level industrial Ethernet switches employ a plug-and-play principle that allows for easy installation
- Maximum flexibility – up to eight Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet ports and two ports can be fibre optic
- Future proof – designed for Gigabit speed, making it possible to transmit high volumes of data quickly
- Compact design – saves space in tight areas, such as cabinets
- Are suitable for both harsh environments and applications in which switch management is not necessary
- High mean time between failures (MTBF) guarantees reliable operation
- Low power consumption allows for the reduction of overall lifecycle costs
- Diagnosis through LEDs which indicate status of the power supply and port status
- Different port counts, media types (copper and fibre), and socket type (RJ45, DSC connector, ST connector, SFP) are available
- 12/24 VDC power input
- Operating temperature range from 0 ˚C to +60 ˚C
SPIDER III - Premium Line Switches
Customize these full-featured, unmanaged switches to meet your specific application’s needs through an easy-to-use USB interface. These switches can reliably transmit data across long distances, while still remaining cost-effective. SPIDER III switches meets a wide range of market-specific certifications, standards and approvals, making it ideal for use in a variety of industrial settings. Specific approvals include use in the process industry (ISA12.12.01, ATEX Class 2), transportation applications (EN 50121-4 and E1 standards for road vehicles) and marine applications (Navy GL and DNV). You can select the port types including Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet and Fibre optic ports. The ruggedized IP40 metal enclosure also protects the switches against harsh environments. The low-power feature uses less energy when there is no data moving through the network, which ultimately saves you money.
- Easy to customize – configure some switching parameters via a USB port by utilizing an easy-to-use, free software tool
- Highly ruggedized – built to withstand extreme industrial environments, including a wide range of temperatures, through an IP40 metal case and an optional protective coating
- Approved for use in a variety industrial markets, including the process automation, transportation and marine sectors
- Protection against harsh industrial environments
- Extended operating temperature range of -40˚ C to +70° C
- Protective coating and IP40 metal enclosure
- Redundant power supply to increase network uptime (12/24/48 Volt DC and 24 Volt AC)
- Enhanced network security by disabling unused ports
- Conserves energy/power according to IEEE’s Energy Efficient Ethernet standard (802.3az)
- Fulfills PROFINET Conformance Class A requirements to set up PROFINET networks
- Certified for multiple industry standards and approvals
- Hazardous Locations: ISA-12.12.-01 and ATEX Class 2
- Marine: Navy GL and DNV
- Transportation: EN 50121-4
- Road Vehicles: E1