RS 40 Configurable Ethernet Switches
Hirschmann Compact Industrial Ethernet Switches Compact configurable switches for future-proof industrial Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet networks
With OpenRail Hirschmann™ offers Rail switches manufactured to the customer´s individual specifications. The RS 40 hardware and firmware options can be quickly and simply selected using the on-line configurator. The RS40 Ethernet Switches have 9 Gigabit Ports. The switch offers 5 x 10/100/1000 RJ45 and 4 x 100/1000 RJ45/SFP combo Ports (function of one RJ45 combo port is lost for each SFP utilized). Fibre uplink Ports are available in multimode and/or single-mode by using Gigabit or 100 Mbps SFP transceivers. The RS40 allows you to construct switched industrial Ethernet networks that conform to the IEEE 802.3 and 802.3u standards using copper wires or optical fibres in a bus or ring topology.
- · Individually manufactured rail switches
- · Fast Ethernet to Full-Gigabit (RS40xx)
- · 4, 8, 9, 10, 16, 17, 18, 24, 25 and 26 port switches
- · Freely selectable uplink ports (TP, MM, SM, LH)
- · Store-and-forward-switching
- · Fan-less operation
- Operating temperature from 0° C to + 60° C or – 40° C to + 70° C
- · Maximum reliability via conformal coating circuit board
- · Highest network and installation availability using the HIPER-Ring redundancy concept, RSTP and redundant coupling
- · Freely selectable software, temperature range and conformity
- · Large range of security features
- · Future-proof hardware platform
- · Management functions support Web and SNMP-based tools
- · Plug and Work for end devices; DHCP option 82
- · 1 x USB to connect the Auto Configuration Adapter ACA21-USB
- · DIN rail mounting
- · IP20 ingress protection
- Multimode fibre (MM) 50/125 µm
- Multimode fibre (MM) 62.5/125 µm
- Single mode fibre (SM) 9/125 µm
- Single mode fibre (LH) 9/125 µm (long haul transceiver)
The twisted pair ports support:
Device management options
- Web browser
- Management software (e.g. HiVision)
- V.24 interface (locally on the Switch)
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
Applications -For use in demanding industrial environments, car manufacturing cells, transport automation or the food industry.
Reliability - Designed to operate in environments ranging from -40C to +70C and tolerate shock and vibration levels that would quickly destroy office grade switches.
Flexibility - Available in standard configurations ranging from 4 to 26 port, with both copper and fibre ports, Gigabit and 10/1000 speeds
Ease of Installation - There is no need for additional documentation, standard procedures, or operator training when RS20/30/40 switches are installed in the same network as other Hirschmann products because they use a common firmware as other Hirschmann products allowing networks to evolve and change.
Products are broken down into the following sections, please select the section you wish to start with.
RS40 Managed Configurable SwitchesRS 40 Managed Configurable Switches
RS40-0009CCCCSDAEHH08.0 | 943935001 | Industrial Ethernet9 port Full Gigabit-Ethernet-Switch, 4 x Combo ports, 5 x 10/100/1000BASE TX RJ45, Software Layer 2 Enhanced£1,898.27