Lite Managed Switch
Lite Managed Industrial Switch - GECKO
The new GECKO industrial Ethernet switch guarantees reliable data communication and enhanced redundancy and diagnostic features. It also offers easy-to-implement management functionality. If you have been reluctant to use managed switches because of their complex operation, then the GECKO is the ideal alternative. With the proper level of management functionality included, you can configure and monitor the switch without needing any special IT know-how. Commissioning is also very simple in comparison to fully-managed switches, enabling you to be up and running in no time.
The redundancy functionality of the GECKO ensures that your production processes don’t grind to a halt in the event of a data communication error. Due to its low power consumption, the switch also helps cut long-term operating costs. With a combination of managed and unmanaged switches, the GECKO is ideally suited for use in smaller networks, or on the edge of larger installations. It can also be used for carrying video signals or transmitting control data. For industrial manufacturers looking for a cost-effective way of entering the world of managed switches, the GECKO offers simple network management and enhanced network availability. Network parameters can be centrally configured using a web interface, while redundancy and diagnostic functions ensure high network availability. In designing the GECKO , the absolute necessary management functions were integrated to enable the configuration and monitoring of the switches. With its compact, yet robust design, the GECKO can be used in a wide range of areas, from solar farms to production lines in the food and beverage sector.
- Fast network reconfiguration and simple error diagnosis ensure smooth production workflows
- Higher machine uptime thanks to simple commissioning through an intuitive web interface, or by utilizing the HiDiscovery configuration tool and Industrial HiVision network management software
- Can also be used when fully-managed switches are not needed, due to superfluous functionality or complex operation.
- Featuring four Fast Ethernet ports (10/100 Mbit/s)
- DIN rail mounting
- Inactive ports can be disabled to protect against possible misuse.
- The switch can be managed through Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) or via HiDiscovery and Industrial HiVision from Hirschmann™.
- A web interface for HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) deployment is also available
- For monitoring purposes, the switch provides diagnostic and documentation options, such as a system log, Remote Monitoring (RMON) and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP). Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and Quality of Service (QoS) functions are also supported.
- Additional features include an IP30 protection rating,
- A wide operating temperature range
- High resistance to shocks and vibration
- 24 V DC power supply
- Power consumption of less than 3 W
GECKO 4TX | 942104001 | Industrial EthernetLite Managed Industrial ETHERNET Rail-Switch, Ethernet/Fast-Ethernet Switch, store and forward switching mode, 4 x 10/100 BASE-TX, TP-cable, RJ45 sockets£133.26
GECKO 5TX | 942104002 | HirschmannEntry-level lite managed switched, Ethernet/Fast-Ethernet Switch, Store and Forward Switching Mode, 5 x 10/100 BASE-TX, Twisted Pair Cable. RJ45 sockets£217.05
GECKO 8TX/2SFP | 942291001 | HirschmannEntry-level lite managed switched, 8 x 10/100 Base TX RJ 45 Sockets, 18 to 32VDC
GECKO 8TX/2SFP | 942291002 | HirschmannEntry-level lite managed switched, 8 x 10/100 Base TX RJ 45 Sockets, 18 to 32VDC, 2 x 100/1000 MBit/s SFP